An entry level engineering position, in this position you are expected to have a good understanding of engineering theory, basic concepts of design and an eagerness to develop a specific competency within the design environment.
Using established procedures is responsible for analysis, design and development of basic electrical systems circuitry, library development, PDM entries, component engineering, documentation and verification plan execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the development and validation of embedded hardware design applications.
- Assists in analyzing hardware solutions that may lead to improvements to designs that improve components or design quality/reliability.
- Supports system architects to gather design requirements and define product architecture.
- Assists in the use of electrical circuit modeling and simulation tools
- Works with ECAD designers on PCB layout
- Under the guidance of senior team members, may recommend the selection of simple electronic components
- Under direct supervision, assembles prototypes, design first powerup, design debug and functional circuit verification.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Awareness of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Awareness of embedded hardware design and PCB layout design development methodology and tools
- Awareness of Electrical Engineering Design specializations or competencies:Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- Knowledge of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE or equivalent)
- 0-3 years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.