Provides technical support of activities related to the improvement and development of current and new processes including process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization.
Provides support to assigned manufacturing areas to meet the requirements for quality standards, compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs moderately difficult repairs and troubleshoots down equipment independently.
• Assists in difficult repairs and troubleshooting.
• Approaches job duties with a sense of pride, ownership, and urgency.
• Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
• Assists in process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and Six Sigma principles.
• Assists in measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
• Assists in developing fixtures and tools.
• Supports tasks related to requisitioning equipment and materials and performing vendor and equipment analysis for engineers to determine cost effective and high-quality processes.
• Checks moderately complex layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
• Writes protocols and reports.
• Assists in designed experiments and capability studies, collects and maintains documents, and records on process specifications.
• Is responsible for programming, set-up and debugging of complex equipment or measuring instruments.
• Collects process documentation and prepares training on processes, materials, and equipment.
• Supports and performs preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks.
• Assists in the development of manufacturing and inspection procedures.
• Executes tasks associated with process validation (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation) and engineering studies.
• Participates in engineering projects including planning and completing assigned tasks on-time and with high quality.
• Participates in cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance and Product Development.
• Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures and other safety precautions within the work area.
• Acts as a model for the operators in terms of attitude, running machines, following processes and decision making.
• Performs other related duties, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience/certifications.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
• Experience with CNC processes, packaging, and Laser equipment and related programming software is preferred.
• Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
• Lean Sigma experience preferred.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of machine and electrical safety standards, preferred.
• Demonstrates troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal skills.
• Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, CREO, Minitab, and databases, preferred.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and is results oriented.
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers.
• Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
• Must be willing to support all production shifts.
• Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
• Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
Works in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $32,870 - $62,406. A competitive salary will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the selected applicant, as well as internal equity and alignment with salary market data. As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a bonus based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan; and paid time off.