Under the guidance of management, develops new engineering design of a basic to moderate complexity. Gathers design requirements and recommends steps to implement basic to moderate reference design. implementation or design modifications of existing product. Perform and analyze basic to moderate chassis design, referring more complex issues to management or more senior team members. Develop chassis subsystem design at the direction of a Sr. Engineer or above. This position will be primarily designing and working with large scale systems contained within shipping containers. Structural steel design and analysis work is desired, but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathers information relating to chassis design and recommends basic improvements to designs that improves cost, simplification, re-use, or quality.
- Develop with supervision chassis design and PCB mechanical layout using standard 3D CAD tools.
- Evaluates with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and architecture.
- Evaluates and designs chassis subsystems
- Analyzes moderately complex mechanical designs and can recommend improvements.
- Under the guidance of more senior team members, assembles chassis prototypes, and checks them for fit/form/functionality.
- Works with and manages external suppliers/manufacturers
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working knowledge of specific component industry standards
- Developed multiple projects that have utilized one of more Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Serviceability
- Knowledge of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD (Solidworks and/or Creo, Finite Element Analysis, Tolerances, Manufacturing Principles, Interference Checks
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years experience in mech design and / or verification
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.