The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for participating in both Operations and R&D teams within the Jabil Additive group. In this role, the candidate will bring their engineering knowledge, hands-on ability, creativity, planning, and communication skills to support launching new products in record time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in engineering efforts on product development teams and be responsible for the quality and content of engineering deliverables.
· Have skills in the essential engineering tools used in product development (sketching, CAD, prototyping, FEA a plus, DFM, FMEA, etc)
· Conceptualize ways of providing new and improved value to our processes and equipment
· Contribute engineering knowledge and experience to product development projects
· Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
· Promote a results oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity and accountability
· Identify strategic opportunities
· Able to write work instructions, Job Safety / Hazard Analyses, LOTO, and document engineering changes.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrated Hands-on experience in designing and building equipment. Automation experience a bonus.
· Advanced Knowledge in mechanical engineer.
· Lead Process and Equipment Evaluation aligned to the needs of Site as assigned by the Operations Manager.
· Knowledge in Basic Statistics and knowledge of carrying a DOE is a plus.
· Understanding of DFM/A, FMEA and IPC requirements.
· Able to write technical reports for the Site.
· Motivated, takes initiative and completes projects
· Effective and well organized
· Able to tear down and rebuild equipment, trouble shoot issues, and improve / modify existing equipment
· Able to design, build proof of concept, conduct design verification, and assemble the final design.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A history of developing products with multi-disciplinary teams
· A history of coordinating efforts of technical and non-technical team members
· Knowledge of plastic extrusion, injection molding and plastics is a bonus
· Involvement in developing engineered solutions to .
· Competent in Solidworks / CAD
· BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar experience
· 3+ years experience in the field