Lead a QA laboratory testing group in all laboratory related activities including but not limited to coordination, execution and reporting of correspondent microbiology laboratory process requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manpower deployment in support of microbiology laboratory schedule commitments.
- Training and evaluation of all inspection/audit functions.
- Support and coordinate (as required) regulatory and internal audit activities.
- Perform microbiology laboratory audits & ensure compliances to procedures.
- Drive quality awareness in all direct personnel including the production supervisors and support functions for the microbiological processes.
- Communicate clearly & effectively to the quality organizations and sterilization sciences on all issues that require additional support, escalation or resources to effectively manage or resolve.
- Timely, accurate communication of quality data and audit results to the appropriate personnel.
- To support & educate microbiology laboratory personnel in the interpretation of specifications & quality policies governing the laboratory areas.
- Promoting a "quality first" mentality to the employee base.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Promotion of the microbiology laboratory for growth with current and potential customers.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: QA Manager
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised:
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs. Including managing laboratory operations through new technologies and equipment.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s in Microbiology, Chemical Engineering or related Life Sciences.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 is a standard requirement for quality functions. Knowledge of GMP laboratory including but not limited to microbiological laboratory environment.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- 5-7 years working experience in microbiological related field.
- Good communication skills.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.