The Plastic Injection Mold Process Technician maintains production yields by directly inspecting and/or reviewing reports and coordinating with other shifts to keep the process at peak efficiency and quality. (“Process” refers to in this job context as the entire molding process including equipment, settings, auxiliary units, robotics, etc.) In addition, this role directs and executes tool changes, utilizing RTC (Rapid Tool Change) techniques, per the production schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Tends automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation.
· Follows production/process specifications or instructions of higher level technical personnel.
· May be responsible for mold set ups and line clearance.
· Monitors meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications.
· Responsible for mold set-ups and line clearance.
· Performs tests to verify production/process conditions.
· Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
· Maintains operating records and reports of test results.
· Isolates problems for further analyses.
· Collects and documents results, and generates reports.
· May evaluate new processes, components, products, and systems in conformance with engineering specifications.
· Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
· May be required to ensure correct functioning and identify and discrepancies.
· May advise operators and inform engineers regarding processes, procedures, and equipment.
· Learns to apply and support lean manufacturing principles.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Knowledge and experience with Injection Mold Presses.
· One to Two years of experience in manufacturing environment especially food packaging
· Ability to read and write in English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedures manuals, and blueprints
· Ability to perform basic math and interpret executive work instruction