ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work independently to accomplish visual and dimensional mechanical inspection processes with minimal supervision to the quality industry and department standards, while adhering to best safety practices.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering level mechanical drawings containing GD&T covered by ASME Y14.5 standard, schematics and specifications.
- Be able to establish accept/reject criteria and revision status from blueprints.
- Be able to independently conduct first article and final inspection processes confirming compliance to specifications in fast paced environment.
- Identify and document non-conformance.
- Notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of products.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, and correctly and carefully inputting data into the quality database.
- Accomplish inspection related tasks as directed by the quality department or upper management.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, perform other duties as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Three years CMM Operation required.
- Proficiency in GD&T.
- Familiarity with both metric and imperial unit system.
- Working knowledge of inspection equipment required (calipers, micrometers, custom gages, pins) required.
- Makes intricate visual inspection of complex pre-ship and/or finished production assemblies and sub-assemblies to ensure conformance with quality standards.
- Selects inspection method (such as first article checks, sampling, or 100% inspection).
- Determines cause and effect of defects and refers findings to manufacturing facilitators for correction.
- Reviews and approves solutions or refers unacceptable responses to Quality Supervisor for further action.
- Acts as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to customer or end user.
- Ensures parts conform to customer quality standards. Moves parts to workstation for inspection, as necessary.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.