Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting manufacturing on global customer accounts. Serve as liaison between Jabil Circuit and suppliers or customers on global quality related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apply knowledge of mechanical machining principles, assembly methods, basic scientific relationships, quality concepts, and interpretation of customer or Jabil standards in determining causes for failure of inspected part or assembly.
- Develop and maintain QA plans and timeliness of global new product introductions utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning and Process Optimization specific to the customer.
- Provide support for all quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
- Experience leading or contributing to 8D/CAPA, SCAR, Fishbone, 3way-5Whys, FMEA, Control Plans, fault tree analysis, GRR, SPC, DOE, statistical analysis reports.
- Have hands-on experience with broad range of inspection tools (caliper, micrometer, pin gauges, radius gauges, surface profilometer, optical comparator, vision system, etc.), ensure proper functionality, utilize correct methods to complete inspection, and document results.
- Have used a professional statistical analysis tools like Minitab, JMP, or equivalent (run chart, scatter plots, GRR, t-test, ANVOA, discrete statistics, capability studies Cpk/Ppk, SPC)
- Able to calculate values for GD&T, unit conversions, engineering experiments, cost estimations, cycle time performance, etc.
- Read and understand broad range of documents: mechanical drawings (GD&T standard), technical specifications, production traveler, testing forms and data reports.
- Read and understand sampling plans (c=0, ANSI Z1.4/1.9) to select sample size.
- Fill out forms and other documents to record data and show completion of work.
- Participate in internal audits, external audits, and customer visits.
- Experience working in ISO 9000, ISO 13485, ISO 16949, or AS9100 systems is desired.
- Some level of knowledge of CMM and its software (Zeiss Calypso, PC-DMIS, Mitutoyo GEOMeasure, MCOSMOS, etc.); participate in inspection reviews with other internal resources.
- Train other employees in Quality Control processes and procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum BS in Mechanical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Prefer 6+ years hands-on experience in a relevant position.
- Clear and effective communication in English language in written and oral forms.
- Experience in semiconductor, automotive, medical device, or defense industry is desirable.
- Advance PC skills and experience in applicable software packages: MS Windows, MS Office, network file management, advanced Excel skills, Microsoft Teams or equivalent collaboration platform.