Plans and executes testing procedures to ensure that software meets established quality standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in continuous delivery mode, analyzing and delivering features iteratively
- Consistently demonstrate Agile processes and principles for effective delivery
- Flexibly adapt to changes in the project structure, processes, tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct reviews of complex system requirements to ensure adequate test case coverage
- Responsible for creating, refining and maintaining test plans, test cases to meet development and stakeholder needs
- Write test cases in key word driven framework
- Execute testing manually and in test-automation environment
- Identify test environment requirements
- Prepares and maintains test data sets
- Documents testing results according to required procedures
- Isolates, reproduces and traches defects
- Verifies bug fixes
- Attend and participate in program-level reviews, walkthrough and inspection
- Demonstrate prototype, product improvements for the Product Owner to confirm the delivered solution is in fulfillment of the stated requirements
- Provide timeline information about quality assurance and control tasks
- Communicate regularly with program or project manager to provide timeline information and define test schedules
- Participate in the adoption of enterprise quality standards, processes, tools and methodology to ensure cost efficient, timely and effective services that support the corporate business strategy.
- Provide guidance to others on quality control and assurance processes
- Develop recommendations on how to improve the overall quality and reliability of products and services through the solutions development life cycle
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Detailed understanding of features of software applications assigned to him/her
- High level knowledge of the existing application landscape to identify best solution for specific features
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil colleagues to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
- Participate in processes improvement, sharing best practices and proactively suggesting improvement points.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction
- Proactively investigates new perspectives, attitudes to evaluate and improve knowledge and performance
- Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures and utilizes IT governance tools
- Maintains positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems.
Management & Supervisory Responsibilities
- Typically reports to Management
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
Knowledge and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance or similar role
- Minimum 2 years work in an environment using Agile development methodology
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile)
- Ability to understand complex business problems and translate it to IT language
- Structured, process driven, pragmatic problem solver approach
- Good communication skills
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Fluent in English
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- ISTQB Foundation level Certificate
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certificate
- SQL knowledge and experience
- Application development experience