Utilizes knowledge and skills gained through experience or training to provide advanced administrative support of a function within a unit or department through clerical skills. Communicates information with internal and external customers and adapts procedures, processes, and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Applies advanced skills and procedures appropriate for the position within assigned functional area.
· Performs duties and tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity. Assists others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
· Schedules, reports, and tracks information for department.
· Collects data for preparation of various reports, budgets, and variance analyses.
· Compiles data for reports and collates into a single report.
· Assists in preparing, reviewing, or auditing reports.
· Assists with more complex research and investigation. May prepare analyses of information.
· May assist in orienting and training lower level employees.
· May assign and check the work of lower level employees and/or be designated as “lead” worker.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Basic office practices, procedures and methods.
· Basic mathematical calculations.
· Key internal and/or external contacts to request assistance from or utilize expertise.
· Organizational and time management skills sufficient to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
· Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, electronic communication and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
· Ability to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
· Ability to execute instructions and request clarification when necessary.
· Ability to provide courteous, timely service when addressing customer questions and concerns.
· Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
· Ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
· Ability to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
· Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
· Ability to promote team cohesiveness, cooperation, and effectiveness.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.