Manage all planning activities for the dedicated assigned workcell and mentor the Production Planners and Document Coordinators in the workcell.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensure 100% on-time delivery.
· Establish build readiness.
· Maintain efficiency of capacity and customer sizing.
· Maintain accurate revenue forecasting.
· Maintain material control and liability.
· Develop Master Production Schedule (MPS) and load into Jabil’s ERP system, including Purchase Order (PO) coverage.
· Reconcile the MPS to customer PO coverage weekly to ensure that Jabil is not exposed over and above customer PO coverage or other authorized customer demand.
· Ensure the MPS is always 100% accurate and achievable.
· Achieve and maintain 95% MPS goal.
· Own production planning, BOM and document control with or without additional support.
· Analyze material and capacity requirements and communicate constraints to the Workcell and customer based on accurate customer demand.
· Maintain the workcell’s capacity planning model; drive resolution on uneven capacity utilization that keeps Jabil focused on the customer but efficiently utilizing manufacturing resources.
· Meet daily with the Workcell and manufacturing team to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary based on production results) optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers to help achieve 100% on time delivery.
· Maintain the customers’ latest contract on file at all times and be familiar with the terms and conditions of the contract regarding customer liability of material planning and production scheduling. This includes the liability window for Jabil material purchase order placement, purchase price for components, and liability for any in-house materials (purchased and manufactured).
· Be the workcell’s “expert” on all planning activities by supporting the Production Planner goal of never starting to build product without having a valid PO, adequate material quantities, and accurate BOM and an accurate routing.
· Lead the Workcell on the creation of Bills of Material (BOMs) and routings that allows accurate tracking of WIP assemblies and accurate inventory movement transactions.
· End-of Life (EOL) management should include chairing a meeting 30 days prior to the last planned build date to create tactics to support the EOL strategy. The Master Planner would own the build schedule, corrections and resolution of MPS to customer demand, planned tactics on deadlines for assemblies out of the various work areas on the floor, deadline for last shipment, and support plan for potential RMAs.
· Manage Jabil purge process for internal Workcell purges.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
High School Diploma or equivalent required and two years of planning experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred. APICS certification and Supervisor experience also preferred. Thorough knowledge of MRP, lead times for specific component types, internal run rates, test development lead times, machine programming lead times and complete understanding of the chronological sequence of events that must occur in order to build a product.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands describes here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Reaching, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s work station is located in the stockroom on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The Senior Production Planner position is responsible for creating and maintaining a constrained weekly master production schedule (MPS) and managing the frozen period horizon for all possible production requirements (scheduling, rescheduling, reworks, outsourced work-in-progress inventory) over a 4- 24 month horizon. The planner will also be responsible for providing service & inventory input to manufacturing issues and communicate potential impacts to key business partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for creating a constrained weekly master production schedule (MPS) and ensuring raw material availability.
• Planning and freeze period management of production activities (rescheduling, rework, outsourced work)
• Maintain material inventories within goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired products; develop overall inventory projections for specific products.
• Perform Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP) for resources, shifts, equipment and shutdowns.
• Establish minimum order quantities (MOQ) and balance against overall equipment efficiency (OEE).
• Plant inventory management and control.
• Vulnerability report ownership & updates.
• Plant Slow Moving & Obsolete (SLOB) management.
• Resolve manufacturing conflicts for site/portfolio as they relate to production planning. Manage impact and communication of manufacturing driven change.
• Lead/support all compliance process activities including change control, deviations, events & non-conformance reports and assess supply impact.
• Provide asset specific input to the end to end supply chain processes and ensure planning master data (safety stock, lead times, etc.) in the ERP system is accurate and up to date.
• Participate in new product launch meetings and new product forecasts as a business partner.
• Execute planning activities during phase-in phase-out programs
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to share knowledge and personal experience with peers. Coach others when appropriate.
• Ability to build strong collaborative relationships, considering diverse perspectives and styles.
• Ability to apply project and personal leadership to successfully achieve project, team and individual goals.
• Ability to target communications as appropriate for the audience and make presentations to a small to medium sized audience.
• Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
• Ability to challenge the status quo and evaluate/improve processes using continuous improvement tools.
• Data mining & reporting skills through MS Excel or equivalent.
• Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
• Accuracy with attention to detail.
• Proactive approach.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions.
• Ability to provide direction to production planning resources.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 4-year university bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Supply chain certification (APICS/ IBF) desirable
• 3 - 7 years related experience
• Experience with ERP & advanced planning systems
• Production planning or manufacturing experience in a medical, pharmaceutical or consumer industry
• Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. GMP, ISO requirements) is desirable