Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging and printing.
Jabil is seeking a Senior Software Development Manager who will directly contribute to the transformative growth within our Enterprise and Infrastructure division by applying unique and innovative approaches to solving problems within a large-scale software production environment. You and your team will be responsible for contributing to the end-to-end architecture, definition, development and production deployment of production software applications and infrastructure spanning multiple customers and manufacturing regions. You will also be responsible for interfacing with internal engineering, manufacturing and quality teams and our end customers to ensure your software deliverables meet the rigorous standards of Jabil’s world-class manufacturing environments.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- People manager for a team of software developers and product engineers in support of global cloud operations.
- Attract, hire, onboard, lead, coach, mentor and inspire your team to deliver the best in class for our customers and employees
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines).
- Solicit ongoing self and team feedback from the business unit (BU), customer and team members.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of team and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and formulate aspects of Customer BU projects such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements, technical requirements.
- Provide direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new equipment products and processes.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Develop, determine and implement policies, procedures and programs.
- Analyze technology trends, human resources needs and market demand to plan projects.
- Oversee definition and collaboration on overall test infrastructure and application architectures.
- Creation of behavioral and high-level software design specifications.
- Development of production infrastructure and related application code.
- Lead and participate in peer/code reviews.
- Contribute and improve software build methodology, procedures, and environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Agile, CICD, and SLDC process implementation and application experience.
- Knowledge/Expertise in the following programming/scripting languages: Python, Ruby, BASH, Expect. C, C++, Java experience a plus.
- Linux development experience with a solid understanding of its fundamentals and internals.
- Well-versed in the following container/virtualization environments: VMware, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Experience with application integration using web services.
- Experience with front-end and back-end Web UI design.
- Experience with common web APIs (REST, XML-RPC).
- Expertise with leading edge networking systems, hardware, software and protocols including but not limited to enterprise Ethernet datacenter switching/routing (L1 – L3).
- Prior experience with code versioning tools (Git preferred).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field. MS preferred.
- 8+ years experience in a software development/test capacity with enterprise server, storage or networking products. 3+ years people management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience directly managing software development teams
- Experience managing remote, multi-national and geographically dispersed development teams.
- Domestic and/or International travel, up to 10%, may be required.