The SCM Project Manager will drive ongoing enhancements and increased efficiency within Jabil’s global price administration process. This person will manage indirect resources dedicated to improving Jabil’s global supply chain processes and software.
The SCM Project Manager strategizes and utilizes defined tools to monitor project cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value to the customer. The SCM Project Manager must know and understand the business strategic direction of the Sector being supported and remain current and knowledgeable of technology advances in commodities sourced.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinate with the purchasing community to ensure pricing implementation that increase the efficiency of Jabil’s global price administration process and allow Jabil to stay in front of our competition from a supply chain management standpoint.
· Forge successful relationships with the purchasing community and suppliers to work and apply new negotiated prices.
· Follow SC metrics for evaluating successful supply chain performance.
· Coordinate within Supply Chain and Purchasing actions to address supply chain problems.
· Master the Supply Chain tools used in the global price administration process to ensure they meet Jabil’s business needs.
· Track, drive and communicate all Supply Chain KPI changes and enhancements.
· Assist Business Units in identifying cost reduction opportunities for sourced components.
· Work with the Legal Department to provide legal protection for confidential/ intellectual property by assuring non-disclosure agreements are in place.
· Works with commodity management to establish procurement strategies that support the acquisition of materials for new or transfer products.
· Identify functional alternatives where technology or vendor base risks warrant. Specifically on single sourced items or components requiring tooling. Establish procurement business systems and controls to analyze and quantify the cost and risk impact of the various supplier alternatives (e.g. single and sole sourcing).
· Help in performing value analysis/value engineering (VA/VE) on new or existing products in a cooperative effort with various engineering groups, the suppliers and quality assurance.
· Demonstrate a return on investment for all enhancements made to Jabil’s supply chain tools or processes.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply, follow, and enforce all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of Jabil’s SCM software.
· Ability to define software requirements and create procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information or training material and respond to questions from relatively large groups of people.
· Strong problem solving, analytic, negotiation, project management and people skills are a must.
· Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, summarize information and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to solve practical problems with limited information. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.