Lead the Operations Department in operating with a high level of efficiency, integrity, and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Be a creative and proactive leader of the management team, focused on continuous improvement. Provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor Functional Managers to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Create and manage succession plans for Functional Managers.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell members, Business Unit Manager (BUM), and Functional Manager on Functional Manager’s contribution to the team.
- Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to Functional Manager based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Strategy and Direction:
- Create and communicate the campus strategic directions.
- Define, develop and implement a strategy, which contributes to the corporate strategic directions.
- Provide regular updates to Functional and Corporate Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to BUMs, WCMs, Functional Managers (FMs) on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Prepare timely forecasts for the campus.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the workcells.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Encourage team members to maintain an in-depth field of experience and knowledge regarding emerging electronic, manufacturing and materials management technologies.
- Ensure Jabil is an industry leader in developing and adapting effective advanced systems and methods.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and training
- 10 years work experience in a relevant Jabil position OR equivalent external work experience, including 5 years management experience.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.