The purpose of the job is to design automation engineering projects in the area of assignment, e.g., mechanical, electrical, electronics, software application. The Automation Design Engineer II reviews and analyzes project requirements, specification, plan, design and installation. Position is responsible for design of automation equipment to ensure stipulated specification and requirements are met, and delivered within budget and on time. Position supports Lead Engineer of respective area in design of automation equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs automation equipment in respective areas of expertise, e.g., Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, or Software Application.
- Works closely with Project Manager/Engineer to meet project time line and within budget.
- Reviews, understands and interprets requirements/specification accurately for integration into design of equipment.
- Ensures design for manufacturability.
- Acts as liaison with internal and/or external Assemblers/manufacturer of equipment to ensure all parts are manufactured to the design.
- Generates design drawings, installation manual, and user manual.
- Ensures all engineering times are logged into tracking system correspondent to the projects.
- Supports maintenance department in PLC and automated systems troubleshooting.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experienced functional knowledge of mechanical/electronics/electrical/software application engineering.
- Experienced functional knowledge of automation equipment assembly and installation.
- Experienced functional knowledge of PLC programming methods.
- Functional knowledge on tending robots (Cartesian, SCARA, 6 axis).
- Knowledge of HMI, SCADA environment implementation with PLCs.
- Knowledge of trough machines/systems data management with specific refs. to ERP, PLM, MES, CMMS.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experiences in automation equipment design and installation. Preferably in a regulated environment
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.