The purpose of the job is to support design engineers in various mechanical, electrical, electronics, and/or software application automation projects. A lead Automation Engineering Technician is responsible for leading the work of entry and journey level Technicians. Position drafts design drawings within the area of assignment. Position is provides end user support in installation and training of automation technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports design of automation equipment in respective areas of expertise, e.g., Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, Software Application.
· Works closely with internal or external Assemblers on assembly of the designed equipment.
· Supports the design engineers in the drafting of design drawings, preparation, and development of user manual.
· Conducts equipment installation and end user training.
· Ensures all engineering times are logged into tracking system correspondent to the projects.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced knowledge of mechanical/electronics/electrical/software application engineering.
· Knowledge of EMS industries.
· Knowledge of automation equipment assembly and installation.
· Ability to lead the work of entry and journey level technicians.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Two year technical degree in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum of 7-8 years progressively responsible experiences in automation equipment assembly and installation.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.