Develops new engineering designs ranging from basic to high complexity. Develops and communicates technical solutions to other engineers and business personnel, relying on experience and understanding of their field and acting independently except in the most complex cases. Drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Senior Electrical Engineer with Power Electronics Background
- Represent Jabil Design Engineering in Technical Customer Discussions and Meeting
- Work with Project Manager on Design quotations
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that effect project plans and schedules
- Design and/or support (definition, simulation, testing, execution, ….etc) of the design of systems and electronics related to assigned sector
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and techniques to provide design that are competitive and cost effective
- Work with assigned manager to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of competencies
- Lead/support the development and implementation of product architectures while complying with applicable standards
- Lead/Support the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications
- Develop Patents, Technical Publications, or White Papers
- Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures proper documentation.
- Selects correct design concept and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement of existing ones.
- Design and develop new components or redesign existing components to improve company products.
- Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachler Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited 4 year college or university (BSEE/MSEE or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Power Electronics background including: AC/DC, DC/AC and DC/DC power conversion, DC/DC power supply, grid-connected inverters including 3-level and 5-level inverters, Energy storage, DC Combiners, Electrical/Control Panels, Single-Line/Wire Diagrams, System Architecture, power electronics analysis, modeling and simulation.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.