Support the globalization of business through leading and coordinating the standardization of systems, procedures, best practices and policies across all segment mechanical workcells. Ensure that current and future quality and manufacturing systems meet and/or exceed customer and regulatory requirements. Review and promote improvement in customer metrics to ensure customer satisfaction. Act as a liaison between Jabil sites for program transfers including providing input into transfer plans and timelines, supporting data and knowledge transfer activities and participating in launch activities as needed. Provide support and technical assistance to new facility and/or workcell startups. Provide mentoring and technical assistance to direct reports and Jabil site Quality Managers and staff.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Recruit, interview and hire Global Quality Managers
- Communicate criteria to recruiters for Global Quality Manager position candidates.
- Coach Quality staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
·Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor Quality staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Promote Culture of Quality Programs across segment mechanicals sites and drive sustaining values and practices
- Recommend candidates for quality leadership and development programs (i.e. Leadership for Quality, Quality Engineering Certification, and similar)
- Create and manage succession plans for Quality function.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team.
- Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
·Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
- Define, develop and implement a Quality strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
- Work with RQD and Site Quality Managers to develop annual Site Quality Objectives.
- Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Quality.
- Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and coordinate the standardization of systems, procedures and practices across all segment mechanical workcells
- Train and develop site Quality personnel on segment Global Quality and Global Operations processes and procedures
- Act as liaison between site Quality personnel and Global process SME’s
- Develop and support site Quality Managers and site Quality Engineers in the requirements for segment-specific reporting forums (Quality Councils, Manufacturing Operations Reviews, and similar)
- Ensure that current and future quality and manufacturing systems meet and/or exceed customer and regulatory requirements.
- Review and promote improvement in customer metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Act as a liaison between Jabil sites for program transfers including providing input into transfer plans and timelines, supporting data and knowledge transfer activities and participating in launch activities as needed.
- Provide support and technical assistance to new facility and/or workcell startups.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to direct reports and Jabil site Quality Managers and staff.
- Coach/Lead direct reports and workcell resources.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Share and support in the implementation of best practices between sites
- Drive FMEA and error proofing of processes to improve capability
- Support in the Global Quality Management System initiatives to ensure a compliant and continuous improvement culture