Working under general supervision, plans, maps, sequences and performs assembly of complex electrical, mechanical and pneumatic robotic and equipment from verbal and written instructions. Performs layout of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical schematics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs a variety of diagnostic troubleshooting activities on assembly automation equipment.
· Makes mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic repairs to assembly automation equipment
· Performs equipment failure analysis, repairs, and scheduled preventative maintenance on robotic and automated equipment.
· Sets up manual and semi-automatic assembly lines and assists in operating pre-production runs.
· Assists in installing new automated equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
· Creates new robot programs and edit existing robot programs.
· Updates manuals and programs for automated equipment.
· Keeps accurate reports of all activities performed on each piece of equipment.
· Provides input to engineering staff on areas for machine improvements.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to use advanced trades mathematics together with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
· Ability to use all varieties of precision measuring instruments
· Must be able to apply judgment to perform more difficult work with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
· Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC (programmable logic controllers) and ladder logic.
· Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and schematics.