Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop code, test, debug, document, maintain, modify and install programs.
· Conduct inquiries pertaining to the development of new information systems to meet current and projected business needs.
· Write functional and technical specifications of user needs for application development, enhancements, and testing.
· Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems.
· Prepare project plans and implementation schedules.
· Confers with organizational units involved to determine requirements.
· Develop/maintain computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data and information with other system equipment.
· Write programs that interface with other system equipment.
· Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program.
· Assist with roll out of developed applications.
· Resolve questions of program intent, input data acquisition, time sharing, output requirements, coding use and modification, and inclusion of internal checks/code reviews for system integrity.
· Observe or run test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training.
· Adhere to development framework standards.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development.
· Prepare project plans and schedules.
· Provide status updates of assigned projects.
· Recommend/conduct training.
· Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems.
· Serve as escalation point for troubleshooting issues.
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors.
· Adhere to safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.