Responsible for assisting the investigation of component failures at electrical test through prompt, aggressive root cause analysis and effective corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Diagnose and repair to component level on electronic circuit board assemblies while maintaining minimal quantities of Engineering and Component hold assemblies.
· Monitor components reject levels and respond to issues accordingly.
· Report technical information concerning component failures to Failure Analysis Engineer.
· Assist in implementing proactive measures that will foster productivity and higher product yields while reducing economic loss.
· Assist engineer in responding to production line problems immediately and addressing boards on component hold.
· Monitor the storage and handling of moisture sensitive components, shock sensitive devices, and fiber optic components.
· Ability to understand and utilize assembly documentation such as but not limited to the following; Schematics, BOM’s, EC documents, Visuals, Debug, Testing tools and procedures.
· Assist Test Engineering department in an ongoing data evaluation program for improving the efficiency of the diagnosis of assemblies.
· Works on technical assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
· Understand how to safely work with hazardous chemicals, LN2, epoxies, acrylics, etc.
· Operate a variety of specialized Failure Analysis equipment.
· Perform a variety of specialized Failure Analysis techniques.
· Develop/ master grinding and polishing skills.
· Contribute to the flow, management, and disposition of MRB material.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Jabil’s Engineering departments.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· `Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.