Develop and participate in Global team of Commodity Managers to ensure excellence. Drive technical excellence within the commodity Management Team by developing tools, metrics and strategies that meet the business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, implement and measure a Regional Business plan that fully meets the needs of our business sectors (i.e. commodity strategies, supply base development, Regional infrastructure, price management etc.)
- Demonstrate expertise in assigned region, supply base and fully competent in all aspects of supply chain Management including commodities/supply base not directly assigned.
- Develop a Regional Supply base infrastructure that supports Jabil’s business and growth plans.
- Develop, monitor and implement Regional Supplier Strategies
- Conduct supplier price negotiations
- Conduct supplier contract negotiations
- Develop the supply base to exceed the goals and objectives of Jabil and the supply chain management team
- Market Jabil’s Supply Chain Management expertise both internally and externally
- Define; Develop and implement supply chain models to meet Jabil’s business needs.
- Analyze market conditions and implement supply chain strategies to assure best in class supply and price competition.
- Be a leader in ensuring that Jabil maximizes our purchase leverage for the best total cost of ownership
- Influence Jabil’s current and potential new customers
- Develop effective relationships with Business Unit Management to ensure that Supply Chain Management is fully involved with new business opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new, innovative and entrepreneurial ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class.”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
- Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the Jabil Corporation to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Adhere to Jabil Corporate Ethics policy, behave accordingly.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management or related field preferred; and 5 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or customers. Competency in Excel, Word and Advanced PC skills including training and knowledge of Jabil's software packages.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 lbs. Be accessible to production floor and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, where the noise level is low. Team member may frequently be present on the manufacturing floor where the noise level is low to moderate.