Review and provide both legal and business advice for a variety of corporate and business matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with limited supervision.
- Creative problem solving, manages internal customer relationships, understands strategic vision, executes to goals of strategy, management of outside counsel including budgeting for legal matters.
- Recommends and drives best practices.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- May supervise professional staff or less experienced attorneys
- Good oral and written communication, good judgement, strong interpersonal skills, demonstrate ability to work in a changing, fast paced, and energetic environment.
- Strong work ethic, motivated and self-starter, ability to resolve conflict, business acumen with business-oriented approach to problem solving, ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5-10 years of legal experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Graduate of an ABA or foreign equivalent law school, member of a bar in good standing, eligible to practice law in jurisdiction.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.