Based in St. Petersburg, Florida, the successful candidate will be a self-starter who likes to take responsibility and works best with little supervision. Likes to perform a variety of tasks and have the ability to handle multiple priorities and has previously performed in a similar position. This is a 'hands-on' role requiring a strong technical background and product validation experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Write test-plans, procedures & co-ordinate with validation group in China.
· Define, implement and verify system and/or sub-system level reliability performance.
· Perform In-House training and mentoring of a multi-discipline engineering staff.
· Development of reliability testing strategies including HALT, HASS, MTBF calc, Life cycle, ORT, etc.
· Analyze failure reports for use in refining product reliability models and driving engineering product improvements.
· Proficient in the following reliability engineering areas: Design for Reliability, Design for Test, HALT, HASS, ESS, Random Vibration, Shock Testing, Climatic Testing, Dynamics Testing, Accelerated Life Testing, FMEA, Life Cycle and ORT from a product level.
· In a team environment, the candidate should be willing to work in a team, provide technical guidance and advice to less-experienced team members, to be open-minded, and to be fluent in oral and written communication.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.