Develop and implement supply chain strategies and optimize the overall cost of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop and implement Jabil Supply Chain (SCM) strategies.
· Develop supply base and supply chain strategies for Business Unit Strategic materials.
· Ensure materials availability to support customer requirements through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement through receiving to production.
· Influence customer’s supply chain strategies to leverage those of Jabil. Initiate RFQ activity with Material Quotation Analysts (MQAs), analyze the results and make recommendations to the customer that justify AML / sourcing changes to Jabil Strategic and BU Strategic Suppliers.
· Improve sourcing options and maximize cost efficiency by working with Jabil’s internal resources and production facilities, as well as the customer’s engineering and procurement staff, to incorporate Jabil qualified and/or strategic suppliers on the customer’s Approved Manufacturer’s List (AML).
· Issue Purchase Orders to pricing, terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Buyers. Ensure suppliers’ adherence to established agreements.
· Communicate Jabil expectations to the suppliers/customers.
· Lead efforts to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
· Optimize order management process to ensure effective communication with suppliers.
· Optimize overall cost of materials.
· Monitor and continuously improve supplier’s delivery and quality performance. Address and resolve recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources.
· Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance on delivery, quality, and service.
· Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions.
· Ensure execution of Jabil pricing and terms & conditions agreements such as World Wide Purchasing Agreements that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil.
· Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable Purchase Price Variance (PPV)/MPV.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, or related discipline, and three to five years experience in electronics manufacturing and materials planning is preferred. Certification by a related professional organization (such as APICS and NAPM) is preferred. Domestic and international travel is required.