Under limited supervision, coordinates daily activities of Facilities Support team members and oversees moderately complex maintenance on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures, and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop, motivate and challenge all Facilities Support Team Members to perform to their full potential through direct and timely formal and informal feedback.
· Ascertain materials required for assigned projects, and ensure timely requests for the purchase of those materials. Minimize over ordering, to ensure cost effectiveness.
· Ensure Facilities Support Team Members are thoroughly trained, certified and are performing their assigned functions.
· Inform or instruct Facilities Support Team Members of any deviations or changes.
· Ensure that assigned work areas are kept clean and organized in order to minimize hazards.
· Perform electrical, painting, and/or carpentry repairs of fixtures and equipment on company premises.
· Oversee installation, relocation and reinstallation of new and/or existing equipment.
· Maintain and repair production support air compressors, air dryers, and vacuum systems.
· Perform simple engineering calculations for proposed new equipment.
· Update mechanical prints when changes mandate.
· Maintain all air conditioning and ventilation equipment within manufacturer specifications.
· Submit proposals and recommendations to department supervisor for upgrades or changes.
· Maintain maintenance records for each piece of equipment responsible for.
· Troubleshoot and conduct periodic inspections to determine maintenance work required.
· Act as a liaison for the Facilities Department with internal customers and vendors.
· Follow Preventive Maintenance Instructions and ensure that the records for such are properly documented.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; and four to six years experience in maintenance field; or demonstrated skills required to perform the job.