Purchasing Manager II is the department head of the Purchasing function in a mega site or region.
The role is responsible of the continuous improvement of purchasing function to achieve ensure material supply to meet the demand on the right time with optimized level of inventory.
Purchasing Manager II needs to build up and manage the purchasing organization with required capabilities
The job also requires a thorough understanding of the dynamics of business needs and leverage solutions to provide best in class service to customer and support Jabil growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Aligning with operational senior management on the key objectives to focus
• Develop short term and long term improvement work plan including cost, efficiency and quality to align with operation strategy
• Effectively communicate company strategy and collaborate with team members to prioritize continuous improvement project
• Size and budget appropriate purchasing team resources and define scope of responsibilities of the team to support current and future needs of the operation development
• Establish selection and hiring process to staff the purchasing team with right talent.
• Structure the purchasing team through proper tasks allocation and establish collaboration processes among SMEs and functional stakeholders
• Perform skill assessment to Purchasing team and gap analysis
• Deliver required training to make sure Purchasing team obtain required knowledge and skills to carry out the work
• SMART goal setting with team members and regular performance review
• Provide regular feedback and guidance to team members to help them discover how to deliver continuous improvement result through enhanced behavior
• Work with cross functional team members to develop solutions of continuous improvement project , update procedure documentation
• Monitor and report the improvement project progress with tangible and intangible benefit on regular basis.
• Act as a change agent to closely monitor the transformation process and manage the activities through multiple sections or departments
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Functional Manager in area of support (e.g. Materials Manager, or Operations Manager or Operations Director
Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised: Purchasing Manager, Workcell Purchasing Manager, Assistant Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Supervisor
• Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer (internal or external) objectives
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work under pressure and able to do conflict management
• Advanced PC skills including knowledge of Jabil's software packages
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization, strong communication skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
• Proficient Verbal and Written English Skill
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Typically requires a minimum 12 years of related functional hands on experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Certification in specific functions preferred, such as APCIS Certification, etc.
• Certification in system preferred such as SAP or Kinaxis
• PMP Certification Preferred
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience