The HRIS Application Developer II will work with customers to analyze their requirements. Develop, design and integrate within the existing enterprise system architecture. Develops, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains and modifies all interfaces between Employee Central and all other required tools and systems. Provide support and direction to other Developers in the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide solution and integration development including function specs, design, custom development, testing and deployment and implementation of interfaces.
· Ability to translate functional specifications into technical specifications and prepare test plans.
· Technical acumen to convert plans into real solutions that work.
· Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Write basic data extracts and flat file interfaces.
· Write programs that involve formatted output and complex reporting.
· Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and work with deadlines in a fast paced environment
· Interface with functional specialists to ensure solution design and integrity.
· Solid understanding of functional integration points, entity relationships and module flows.
· Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program.
· Resolve questions of program intent, input data acquisition, time sharing, output requirements, coding use and modification, and inclusion of internal checks/code reviews for system integrity.
· Observe or runs test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training.
· Participate in roll out of developed applications.
· Ability to create and configure MDF generic objects and portlets data import/export.
· Good knowledge of XML sheets and data model, editing, calling forms with data model and configuring other modules data using XML.
· Ability to make changes into XML data models and upload them into SFSF provisioning.
· Ability to create custom screens in SuccessFactors in particular Employee Central.
· Maintain a working knowledge of advancing technologies. Identify applicable solutions and implement with existing networks when appropriate.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules.
· Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems. Recommend/conduct training.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Provide support to less experienced members of the team
· Must be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Working knowledge of BOOMI development, interface design and testing.
· Experience in Process developments for SuccessFactors EC to SAP
· MDF knowledge in EC to create custom screens, Foundation Objects, data models
· XML knowledge
· Ability to troubleshoot current interfaces and make updates as required.