Provide project management support cross-functionally within the Business Unit and customer teams and partners for assigned business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform data aggregation and reporting activities in areas key to the success of the business unit, including but not limited to performance metrics.
· Participate in supporting new developments, initiatives and activities, and coordinate/communicate with several areas throughout the Business Unit (globally or regionally) on customer issues.
· Continually evaluate and clearly understand the current processes and tools to determine their ability to meet the department’s business needs.
· Manage daily operational activitie`s, such as arrange meetings, publish meeting minutes, track project schedule, monitor key performance metrics.
· Create and manage project timelines and track tasks, deliverables, and timelines in a constantly changing environment.
· Formulate working rapport with internal and external (Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers) teams
· Manage communications and status updates in a professional, consistent, timely manner ensuring clarity and accuracy of the information.
· Analyze processes, identify areas of improvement and develop and execute actionable plans to close gaps.
· Determine bill of materials (BOM) risk analysis for sustaining programs including looking for second sources and then getting samples if the source is approved by the customer.
· Help to minimize delays due to time zone differences between US based engineering teams and overseas resources.
· Assist with the compilation of various reports and metrics.
· Attend staff and program meetings and provide feedback to team members.
· Support PM’s and project teams on value engineering (VE) activities.
· Maintain and track status of VE Programs.
· Provide monthly general status for Integrated Product Team (IPT) and manufacturing operations.
· Perform ROI analysis and initiate data entry through applicable tool data bases.
· Coordinate action plans with applicable business unit and product operations
· Coordinate mini-projects for part qualifications and provide timely feedback to the customer.
· Provide status of the qualification to vendor and act the central person between applicable customer and the CM.
· Manage last time buy (LTB) process phases such as part number verification, where used, replacement parts, work around, verification with customer and the BU.
· Write deviations and/or coordinate rework for mini-projects.
· Work closely with commodity management to coordinate lead free builds.
· Manage samples and coordinate with supplier the delivery schedules.
· Understand standardized departmental functions, processes, procedures, and systems.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong problem solving, negotiation, and people skills are a must. Strong analytic, project management and applied statistical skills.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, with emphasis on spreadsheets and ERP/MRP, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.