The Assistant Lean Six Sigma Manager works within the Lean Six Sigma department to support lean six sigma initiatives to meet company, workcell and customers' goals and objectives.
The Assistant Lean Six Sigma Manager provides Lean expertise and guidance through focused and sustainable value stream transformation to enable cross-functional collaboration and best practices sharing and implementation, as well as provides coaching and development opportunities over multiple workcells. The Assistant Lean Six Sigma Manager builds communication between Plant LSS Manager and Lean Coach around the sites to strengthen overall capabilities of a value stream.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work closely with the Plant Lean Six Sigma Managers to sustain a Lean culture in the Value Stream Alignment with Lean Vision and Strategy.
· Provide coaching and support on training, project identification and prioritization as requested.
· Monitor, coach, and continuously support value stream transformation initiatives by coaching on Lean principles, tools and methodologies.
· Give guidance, suggestions, and inspiration to Lean Coaches and process owners for optimizing value stream.
· Be a leader, mentor and coach towards integration of Lean principles, values, philosophies and tools for driving continuous improvement through coaching and guiding operators over multiple projects.
· Work with value stream owners and AOM’s to create a system to ensure everyone is conducting the Lean Principles correctly and consistently.
· Mentor a best practice sharing internal network supported by Lean Principles.
· A coach and active facilitator in Bronze/Silver Certification projects and mentoring sessions.
· Be an active participant in the Lean Silver Certification.
· Lead by example and model the desired behaviors and values.
· Foster respect for people and humility through mentoring and coaching through the site’s Lean journey.
· Encourage risk taking and experimentation using the scientific method.
· Maintain proficiency continuously learning align with Plant LSS Manager and Operations Director.
· Align with the local Lean rewards & recognition program.
· Align with Finance to bring the impact of projects that are part of Lean efforts into Jabil’s financial processes
· Surveillance over multiple workcells, collect feedback from Lean Coach and propose improvements to process owners.
· Seek and value feedback from the team and provide timely help if needed.
· Support the Plant LSS Manager to drive actions which will improve Lean Index Assessment score
· Develop and mentor multiple workcell leaders to facilitate and lead Kaizen Events
· Support Lean Six Sigma Managers to propose and develop a strategies
· Anticipate and meet/exceed customer expectations by solving problems timely and effectively
· Provide statistical problem solving analysis
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and ethics policies
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bronze and Silver Certified by Jabil or by recognized organization in the industry (e.g. ASQ, SME, Shingo, Prize)
· Project and facilitation experience in a heavily mixed environment
· Experienced in change management, project management, and financial management
· Experienced in financial project cost savings analysis
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Excellent leadership and communication skills
· rack record showing continual improvement of personal skills
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
· Understand and practice the Lean principles, methodologies and tools
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Be expert in lean tools and processes to coordinate and share knowledge on a regional and global scale