The Manufacturing Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME II) will be able to comprehend and analyze processes. This individual is required to have good process knowledge and develop a technical hand book for the needs of the site. This individual is also responsible for the implementation, support, training, and troubleshooting for the process being assigned in their facility. This position is assigned to an individual who has extensive experience with the process and is already considered to be the “Specialist” of the process.
The Manufacturing Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME II) is responsible for ensuring excellence on the assigned manufacturing process, as determined by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. This individual will provide expert advice when there is urgent need due to high defect rates and ensure that the process (that is the responsibility of the SME) is well in control and delivering the highest possible yields.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the functional expert for manufacturing area assigned.
· Support other Engineers in questions may arise and help resolve them.
· Coordinate and facilitate training for the plant in terms of new hires, new functionality, and upgrades.
· Track and communicate all changes/enhancements to existing process, including upgrades to process.
· Provide support to the users and the department SME’s.
· Ensuring the established process is followed diligently
· Work with EOS Domain Experts ME’s to implement Jabil best practices in the site.
· Carry out methodical machine and process evaluations.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Support Site when there is audits and customer visits
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes (i.e. elimination of non-value added factors.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Understand and embrace the operations aspirations.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrated Hands-on experience in the required process.
· Advanced Knowledge in the area that is being assigned.
· Relentless in exploring new and latest methods in improving assembly techniques.
· Lead Process and Equipment Evaluation aligned to the needs of Site as assigned by the ME Manager.
· Knowledge in Basic Statistics and knowledge of carrying a DOE is a plus.
· Understanding of DFM/A, FMEA and IPC requirements.
· Able to write technical reports for the Site.