A Sr. Engineer will have a defined area of expertise either in a particular competency or industry. They will have mastered technology specific to their area of competence. Will be able to convey technical solutions to other engineers and to business personnel. Will have a good understanding of multiple CAD packages and cross functional design implications. Capable of being the lead engineer involved in a cross functional team. They will be able to drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines. Will have previous experience of releasing a product into a manufacturing production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet the requirements of Design Engineer III
- Capability skillful use ME CAD tools especially Pro-E/Creo, also better if have capability for UG/NX.
- Availability use PDM system for WindChill, also better if available use TeamCenter.
- Would be considered a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field of competency.
- Will represent Jabil Design Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
- Work with Project Managers and Lead Design Engineer in the quoting process
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
- Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design.
- At the appropriate process phase gates, provide a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc.
- Participate in all elements of design engineering including design reviews and design verification.
- Mentoring design engineers I,II & III, technicians and ECAD data transfer.
- Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge (with limited complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Serviceability
- Demonstrated use of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Interference Checks, Cross-site Design Reviews
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of ME design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience in mech design and / or verification or other key competency
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.