Working under limited supervision, performs complex maintenance and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic plant equipment and machinery. Assists supervisor in coordinating the activities of employees engaged in installation, maintenance and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic plant equipment and machinery. Coordinates and assigns daily work to employees based on production schedules and maintains the flow of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs routine preventive maintenance and emergency mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical maintenance on production systems and equipment, using knowledge of circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, motors, wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
• Trouble shoots, repairs, aligns, calibrates, inspects, and tests a variety of production systems and equipment.
• Sets up assembly line equipment within established parameters.
• Assists in installing new equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
• Disassembles machines and parts, and adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts and materials.
• Uses a variety of basic hand and power tools and equipment including hand drill, bench grinder and band saw.
• Instructs assemblers on proper use of equipment.
• Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
• Cleans and lubricates parts and equipment as scheduled.
• Requisitions parts needed for completion of preventive maintenance responsibilities.
• Removes and installs molds in machines following established procedures.
• Learns all aspects of machine maintenance and becomes cross-trained in all areas of assembly equipment.
• Leads, assigns and coordinates the daily work activities of lower level maintenance technician personnel.
• Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and delegates those assignments.
• Maintains workflow, ensuring availability of proper materials.
• Maintains employee time and activity records
• Observes employees in assigned work area ensuring all housekeeping, health and safety regulations are followed.
• Trains new and less experienced technicians in proper procedures. Writes and verifies work instructions.
• Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as technical manuals, blueprints, safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
• Knowledge and ability to use relevant hand tools in the repair of equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of related experience or Associates Degree in related discipline and 4 years of related experience.
• Solid understanding of electronic circuitry and previous fabrication, assembly and/or test experience.
• Solid knowledge of mechanical equipment and electrical and hydraulic drawings. Experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.