Quality Engineer SME I will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles. Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting manufacturing on global customer accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Site project leader –is an emerging authority in the quality engineering technical field, exercising considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments. Work is generally expected to result in the development of new or refined methods to mitigate or eliminate risk.
o This will include but is not limited to: DOE, SPC, Weibull analysis and commonality analysis
· Lead as Site Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional Quality systems and applications (APQP, MSA, Minitab, eFMEA, eSPC, 8D, RCA, and Problem Solving)
· Lead as Site Subject Matter Expert in all Quality Engineering practices
· Communicate to regional team key Quality Engineering metrics for assigned customer(s) and Site
· Drive the standardization of Manufacturing Process Quality Standards
· Support & Advise Business Unit Coordinators on process reliability and accuracy of process and project assumptions
· Drive process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction.
· Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Quality Engineering team
· Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Communicate, consult, and inform Site QE best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global QE teams
· Champions compliance to applicable Global Regulations and standards (e.g. ISO 9001, IATF 16949, AS9100, VDA 6.3, ISO 13485).
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Site Functional Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Regional Quality Manager
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of quality engineering tools (e.g., DOE, MSA, APQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, Problem Solving and Root Cause Analsyis.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability:
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs o Strong communication skills o Strong mentoring, coaching and leadership skills are required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors of Science degree required, IE or ME, EE are preferred
· MS in Quality/Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Lean Silver Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
· Minimum 8 years of working experience in the Quality Engineering or related field
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience