Provides equipment and process support to the workcells operating within the facility through the maintenance and repair of all equipment utilized in manufacturing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs preventive maintenance as required, completes maintenance records.
· Determines work priorities with respect to production schedules and interfaces with department and line supervisors.
· First point of contact in escalation procedure.
· Provides front line contact between Machine Support and Manufacturing functions.
· Provides training to machine support technicians
· Addresses repetitive equipment problems and designs long term solutions.
· Facilitates NPI activity for area of responsibility.
· Provides line support to machine support technician as first contact in escalation procedure
· Drives improvements in line Metrics, efficiencies, yields
· Displays manufacturing process knowledge
· Ensures 100% on time completion of PM tasks
· Ensures less than 5% equipment downtime
· Displays awareness and compliance on Health & Safety issues
· Supports New Product Introduction/Prototype runs.
· Measures department performance and drives improvements
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.