Independently conducts, or leads other analysts, in business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses of more/most complex initiatives with little/no direct Project Management guidance, in an effort to align information technology solutions with business processes and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts inquiries pertaining to the development of new information or systems requirements to meet current and projected business objectives.
- Leads others in developing, or may independently develop, functional specifications of Internal/External Customer requirements for application development, enhancements, and testing.
- Leads others in analyzing, or may independently analyze customer requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems.
- Prepares, or may lead others in preparing, functional, systems and program specifications.
- Develops project plans and implementation schedules, and reviews those of other analysts for accuracy and completeness.
- Confers with functional organizations involved to determine requirements.
- Maintains and develops, or may oversee maintenance and development of documentation for responsible area.
- Maintains thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding, and leads other analysts and architects in the definition and implementation of, emerging or job technologies required to satisfy business requirements, including, but not limited to, formal or self paced professional development.
- Provides status updates of assigned projects, including formal presentations to Project, IT and Senior Management.
- Recommends/oversees Customer training.
- Maintains positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems.
- Serves as escalation point for troubleshooting issues and coordinates with other Business Analysts and technical personnel for their resolution.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Customers and vendors.
- Adheres to, and ensures adherence in association with Project Management by other team members to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
- Assists Project Management in leading and participates in the exchange of ideas and information within the department. Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.