As a Test Lead, you own project validation will be able to technically lead the entire cross functional design team on their interactions and responsibilities for that project. A Lead Engineer is responsible for ensuring the phase gate technical milestones are met, is the leader of technical reviews, and is responsible for making sure that the specification requirements inputs and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing product into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Principle point of contact to external team, partners and customer
- PV Test resource (Tools/Human/Equipment) management and Build Plan
- PV Test Execution Schedule/Status/Risk/Issue management
- PV PRD Consolidated Feedback
- PV RFI/RFQ Consolidated Feedback
- Lead Function SMEs and TEs to create and manage validation plan
- Create test plan and generate test report
- PV team defect quality
- Project CL/CI
- Provide test requirements and review supplier test methodology
- Limitation/deferral defect discussion with project team
- Strong presentation skills, communication and project management skills, able to arrange overall test execution during whole engineering design phase.
- Excellent understanding on design verification test development. Able to develop test solution & test-plans, procedures & coordinate with design and validation team cross Taiwan, China and USA.
- Able to hands-on verification activities on designing, building and executing test plans and scenarios.
- Will understanding chipset spec from Broadcom, Nvidia, Intel, Vitesse, PMC Sierra, LSI, Q-Logic etc.
- Excellent knowledge for SAS, SATA, PCI-e, Ethernet (100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G/40G/100G), iSCSI, RAID 0,1,5,6, 10, Fiber Channel, Battery Backup cache, SNAP, Virtual Tape etc….
- Expertise on Macro scripts, Pearl, IOMeter, Netbench, WHQL HCT, Sandra, Drive pull tests, Failover, Network boot, PXE, CIFS, NFS, LUN Masking / mapping, Security (CHAP, iSNS, ACL), Disk Sparing, Zoning, User I/F (CLI, WEB, telnet), SNMP traps, IPSEC, MS ISCSI Initiator etc….
- Familiar AMI, Phoenix or Award BIOS structure, Windows OS, net 64, NT, XP, Suse 32 and 64, Redhat and windows & Linux configuration, installation procedure, network configuration, driver configuration, etc.
- Understand shock & vibration, thermal, acoustic, package drop tests, EMC Safety pre-scan, certification, WHQL certification.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop
mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 9-10 years of related experience and/or training
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a SR Design Engineer
- Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.