The Manager Solutions Innovation I is responsible for support of differentiated end-to-end supply chain solutions to Jabil’s internal business units and external customers. This role is part of a team that manages Jabil’s solutions which give customers, business units and functional areas visibility into their supply chain along with analytics and decision support in the areas of Supply Chain Design, Supply Chain Analytics, Supply & Demand, Operations, Consumer Intelligence and Supplier Management.
The Manager Solutions Innovation I delivers processes in a number of disciplines as well as communicates and manages the direction of the solution roadmap, works closely with business units, customers and functional leads, assists with converting requirements for the development teams, and delivers solutions to the end users. The position acts as an internal and external consultant regarding Jabil’s Supply Chain system capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives and facilitates thought leadership from Sr management in support of developing new and differentiated capabilities
- Leads product demonstrations to customers, business units and any other stakeholders
- Interfaces with the functional business teams to conceptualize and assist in building valuable solutions, products and services
- Interfaces with the customers, business units, functional and divisional leads to understand and translate pain points to ultimately drive maximum service level to the customer (e.g. coordinating necessary developments with RR experts)
- Supports the brand identity and communications related to the solutions, products and services
- Manages the product roadmap for innovative differentiated products and services for Jabil
- Assists with the supervision of the development progress of the products with internal and external development teams as well as IT
- Assists with development of training materials, architectural documentation, marketing documentation and all other collateral related to the solutions, products and services
- Provides training and coaching to the user community to ensure the most efficient use of solutions, products and services, including new tool developments and enhancements
- Releases new tools into the Production environment.
- Drives the deployment and user adoption of the solutions, products and services and track and monitor their value (e.g. such as End to End Planning processes in Rapid Response)
- Performs initial assessments and gap analysis between the business requirements and the toolset functionality
- Provides data mapping and data validation as necessary
- Facilitates value creation with the customers and business units by interpreting the actions derived from solutions, products and services
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Jabil’s Supply Chain capabilities and tools.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr Manager Solutions Innovation, Director of SC Solutions and Analytics, Director Solutions Innovation
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised: Materials Systems Analyst
- Highly creative, inventive and innovative
- Strong functional knowledge of supply chain and manufacturing operations
- Excellent knowledge of MRP (Material Requirements Planning) and short/long term material/production planning
- Strong knowledge of supply chain systems, data technologies and processes
- Customer facing with excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. List disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a supply chain or manufacturing environment with extensive experience working in the area of supply chain solutions
- Experience working directly with the internal business units and/or external customers