At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Industrial Engineering Manager will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, productions and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Industrial Engineering Manager will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Establish and clearly communicate all global and regional Industrial Engineering strategies to the Industrial Engineering Department
· Coach, mentor and train all engineers with the Industrial Engineering Department
· Recruit and retain Industrial Engineering talent within the site
· Report and drive improvement within the site through the monitoring of the key Industrial Engineering metrics
· Develop and maintain the Industrial Engineering succession plan for the site
· Insure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global and regional direction
· Standardize the configuration of the systems used (e.g. SAP, MES, IEDB…)
· Develop and maintain site key process flow charts
· Develop, analyze and maintain accurate department forecast based on both historical and forecast data
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Support and/or maintain all lower level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, simulation, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, operations research, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Understanding of the complete Sales to Payment process
o Strong financial and analytical ability
o Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Degree in Industrial Engineering or Production Engineering
· MS in Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Lean Silver Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
· At least 5 years of working experience in the Industrial Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 1 years of supervisory experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.