Supervises the day-to-day operations, involving the maintenance of the building/facility equipment and machinery including: HVAC, building lighting systems, machines, production lines, grounds-keeping, custodial, security and overall facility appearance. Maintains preventative maintenance programs for facility, ensuring that all safety guidelines are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervises the priorities and activities of the facility maintenance staff.
· Ensures that all members are properly trained in assigned functional areas.
· Occasionally performs routine and emergency mechanical, hydraulic/pneumatic, and electrical maintenance. Troubleshoot, repair and prescribe required maintenance to assure optimum equipment operation with minimum downtime.
· Recommends and maintains Preventative Maintenance schedules and systems for all equipment, using reliability measurements to define root cause of failures.
· Manages the inventory of facilities and maintenance parts, tools and equipment.
· Arranges for and manages as appropriate third-party contractor support.
· Ensures proper storage/disposal of any waste materials.
· Ensures that a clean and safe work environment is continuously maintained.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associate’s degree required.
· Five (5) years previous maintenance experience working in an automated manufacturing environment.
· Familiarity with safety regulations.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.