Manage the project team and support the customer relationships. Technically capable of developing, managing and delivering medium to high complexity technology projects. This includes working with internal cross-functional organizations. Working with the business units to appropriately define and deliver the DOU, DSA and development of the SOW, business proposals, project schedule / financials, and managing medium complex projects globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Goal orientation and action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined, good at project planning, organizing, communication, team motivation and delegation
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team.
· Coordinate activities of small teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style; use of presentation or database software
· Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
· Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or internal personnel.
· Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management or project teams.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Assist with business and/or contract negotiations.
· Know and understand the strategic direction of division.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to technology Services.
· Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
· Ensure all products and services are delivered in accordance with contractual requirements and are on time and within budget.
· Conduct formal design reviews with customers to ensure design(s) meet customer design requirements.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for ensuring all of the project's technological requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
· Responsible for recognizing project's Key Success Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
· Responsible for project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation
· Responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalate issues to the next level of management
· Responsible for forecasting project budget and HR needs for current and future site needs
· Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external
· Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer objectives.
· Understand and exceed customer needs and expectations.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Management
· 5 to 7 Years Experience in Project Management
· PMP Certification Preferred
· Minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders both externally and internally.
- One of the Electronic, Software or Mechanical backgrounds is preferred.
- Familiar with Agile methodology is a plus.