Jabil is looking for a Sr. RF Test Development Engineer to become a member of its growing global test development team. As a Sr. RF Test Development Engineer, you will be required to participate in the development of innovative RF test solutions for existing and next generation RF/wireless products; encompassing the development of functional and system test strategies, test plans, designing test fixtures and test automation software, as well as implementing the test solutions at Jabil manufacturing sites globally or in a design verification labs.
As a Test Development Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to advance your professional career and enhance your technical skills by collaborating with a global team of RF test development experts using state-of-the-art test tools and technologies.
You will work closely with customers and Jabil extended cross-functional teams globally (R&D, Manufacturing Operations, Business Development, Sales, Program Management, Quality) to deliver optimized manufacturing test solutions for customers and Jabil-designed products.
As a strong team player, you will contribute significantly in defining future test strategies for the global test development team at Jabil. Jabil supports employees’ continuous improvements and career planning by providing courses and training in various areas such as technology, Business Development and Program Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test Strategy: Develop test strategies for new products, and improve test strategies for existing products, to optimize test coverage and test yield in production.
- Test Plans: Develop manufacturing and design verification test plans for next generation RF/Wireless products. Analyze test plans generated by customers and/or other Jabil groups for optimal test coverage, test time and cost efficiency. Evaluate new test methods and strategies to help improve efficiency, quality and reduce cost.
- Manufacturing Test Station Hardware Development: Develop test hardware solutions for RF/Wireless products using both off-the-shelf equipment and custom designed hardware (test fixtures, test PCBAs). Work closely with test equipment vendors as well as with test hardware developers on defining, designing, developing and optimizing test hardware solutions.
- Manufacturing Test Station Software Development: Develop test software solutions for RF/Wireless products by defining software requirements to be implemented by software developers or by performing hands-on coding. This may include developing test automation scripts for design verification test or manufacturing test applications.
- Manufacturing Test Station Verification: Verify test station operation, performance, stability, and robustness. Develop plans to investigate root causes of deviations.
- Documentation: Generate test documentation such as: test plans, test specifications, test hardware requirements and descriptions, test software requirements, test equipment lists, test procedures, debug/troubleshooting manuals, test capacity/throughput calculations, training plans, etc.
- Training: Train test/diagnostic technicians, test operators and other test engineers as required. Provide support to Jabil global manufacturing test engineering teams by working closely with them on manufacturing test solution development, optimization, implementation and support. Travel globally to Jabil and customers sites as required.
- Product Support: Conduct root cause analysis / troubleshooting in NPI and volume production phases. Perform data analysis to define trends and issues impacting product test performance.
- Test Cost Assessment: Assist in developing budgets, quoting new projects, and estimating cost impact of change requests to Test Engineering and Business Unit Managers.
- Schedule: Work with extended teams to develop project schedules and execute projects to completion.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manager Test Development Engineering.
- Provides team leadership by mentoring others and guiding best practices throughout the organization.
- Experience in the development of manufacturing test strategies for RF/Wireless products . Understanding of the differences between manufacturing test and design verification test is a valuable skill as well.
- Experience in using standard test equipment for testing and characterization of RF products, such as Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, etc.
- Good knowledge of telecommunication systems (LTE, 5G, WiFi, GPS, IP, Broadband, etc.).
- Experience in Radio product subsystems and their tests (Power amplifier, Digital board, Modem, Antenna, etc.).
- Good understanding of key test and measurement concepts utilized in RF characterization of transmitters, receivers and transceivers, such as IP3, ACLR, EVM, Gain Flatness, Sensitivity, Noise Figure, etc.
- Experience in developing test automation software/scripts using standard software languages, such as Python, Matlab, Test Stand, LabVIEW, C/C++, C#, etc.
- Experience in developing and implementing functional, system and ESS test plans and test cases.
- Experience in Radio Module level integration and automation test development.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing sites, where RF products are built and tested.
- Some experience with functional testing of PCBAs is desirable.
- Experience in developing cost-effective test stations for volume manufacturing.
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Fluent in using standard Microsoft Office tools.
- Works well within a team environment – a true team player!
- Self-starter, highly motivated and with strong desire of accountability and ownership.
- Ability to develop project schedules, budgets and track projects to completion.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in RF/Wireless test development in a telecommunication environment.
- 5+ years of experience in telecommunications in general (preferably in a design / test development role).
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or world-wide up to 30% of the time.