At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting design and manufacturing on global customer accounts. Serve as liaison between Jabil and suppliers or customers on global quality related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain QA plans and timeliness of global new product introductions utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning and Process Optimization specific to the customer.
- Provide support for all design activities by participation in initial concept design, development, and implementation phases. This includes design support with processes such as DFMEA, DfX, Design Reviews, project management, supply chain interactions, and design transfer. Assure that all design activities (for the projects) are in full compliancy with the global design processes and the ISO 9001-2015 requirements
- Evaluate and provide input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Participate/facilitate in the lessons learned process, Gate Reviews, project meetings
- Support all global training programs specific to internal customer by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
- Maintain appropriate systems for document storage, access and review pertaining to global customer accounts.
- Review all suppliers, internal, and customer discrepancies, coordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/preventative action efforts.
- Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
- Interface with all departments as applied to the Policies and Procedures.
- Provide insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
- Assist in driving the standardization of manufacturing processes of global customer accounts.
- Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Comply and follow all company procedures to ensure compliance to applicable external standards E.g., ISO 9001 and TL 9000.
- Bachelor's degree required in life science or engineering, and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Quality Management System and Quality Assurance and/or Design Quality experience is essential and must be familiar with electronic and/or electrical product manufacture process.
- Bilingual: English / Mandarin preferred.
- ISO 9001 / TL 9000 knowledge preferred.
- Green Belt certification is highly desired.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of electronic manufacturing and/or wireless communication.
- Experience in Design planning, design verification and/or design validation from the perspective of quality engineering.
- Experience with processes such as DFMEA, DfX, Design Reviews, project management, control plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge for problem solving/ decision making processes.
- Personal computer skills, Windows, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required. Knowledge of PTC Windchill preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and convincingly, respond to questions and influence interdisciplinary teams to ensure successful and timely completion of design services.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures or manuals.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Works with Jabil Shanghai to provide Design Assurance support with the intent of designing Quality in new product or during significant modification to existing products. Provide support and guidance required for enhanced design quality, efficient and structured product development method, resulting in an improvement in overall customer satisfaction and reduction in overall product development cost to the organization.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.