The Commodity Manager is responsible for administrating the materials throughout the organization including purchasing, within a Jabil operation. Supports the Operation’s business development effort with current and potential customers. Supports the development and implementation of Supply Chain strategies and systems. Ensures that materials supply equal demand. Optimize overall cost of materials. Controls materials from supplier to the Operation and to the customer as well as between other Jabil Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and administrate the Materials organization within a Jabil operation.
· Own a process to continually and systemically review materials mgt. metrics and reports to ensure the department is focused on the right activities yielding optimal results. Provide the department with data administration and clerical support to ensure the department has access to information to yield optimal performance.
· Communicate objectives, goals, and mission of the department to the staff. Provide company and department performance results in person at least quarterly, preferably monthly in departmental meetings.
· Support the Operation’s business development efforts with current and potential customers
· Staff a Materials Quotation team to administrate material quoting activities that yields complete, accurate, timely, “world-class” quotes. Ensure a robust material quoting process to include all necessary information to plan and manage material requirements.
· Participate in customer meetings and audits. Lead or support Business Development in the Jabil response on Materials and Supply Chain efforts and new initiatives. Effectively present Jabil Supply Chain and Materials processes, initiatives, and strengths to current and potential customers.
· Be an Operation resource for Manufacturing Service Agreement development in terms of supply chain performance responsibilities. Be aware of current agreements and whether current customer demand changes are in control.
Support the development and implementation of Supply Chain strategies and systems.
· Ensure Operation’s execution to Jabil Supply Chain strategies.
· Provide feedback to Jabil SCM on the commodity strategies and regional resources serving his / her Operation for continuous improvements.
· Support the development of Jabil Supply Chain strategies and systems. Support interaction with customers and suppliers to obtain feedback and ensure Operation’s Materials Department’s collaboration with Jabil SCM, other Jabil Operations, suppliers, and customers to develop supply chain solution that improves Jabil’s performance and service levels.
· Support customers’ business needs using Jabil’s standard processes where possible and customized solutions where necessary. Influence customers in order to leverage Jabil’s Supply Chain solutions.
Ensure that Materials Department supports the Operation in meeting customer requirements. Manage customer’s demand. Ensure that materials supply equal demand. Optimize overall cost of materials. Control materials from supplier to the Operation and to the customer as well as between other Jabil Operations.
· Be a leader on the Operation’s Management team to instruct the Operation on the value of servicing the customers and meeting business objectives by eliminating materials shortages and liabilities.
· Ensure an extremely disciplined approach to customer demand planning, Master Production Schedule (MPS) process, materials planning, and production planning.
· Customer demand should be managed to meet customer’s requirements, efficient capacity utilization, and minimal impact on materials requirements.
· Ensure that MPS is always supported by a realistic operational and materials commitment that best supports customer needs.
· Indoctrinate the importance of having materials supply equal MRP requirements.
· Ensure that production schedules are developed and executed to support customer demand reflected on MPS.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· One or a combination of: a bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain, Materials Management or an equivalent preferred), Masters of Business Administration, a certification by related professional organizations such as APICS and NAPM.
· Plus 5 - 7 years of experience in Electronics Manufacturing Industry related to Purchasing, Planning, and Materials Management. An experience in managing department(s) responsible for some or all aspects of materials control functions.
· Extremely strong skills in the following areas: communication, leadership, business analysis, process and system development, administration, and change management.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.