At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Provides Lean expertise and guidance through focused and sustainable value stream transformation to enable cross-functional collaboration and best practices sharing and implementation. Provides coaching and development opportunities over multiple workcells. Building communication between Plant LSS Manager and Lean Coach around the sites to strengthen overall capabilities of a value stream.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Value Stream Alignment with Lean Vision and Strategy:
· Work closely with the Plant Lean Six Sigma Managers to sustain a Lean culture
· Provide coaching and support on training, project identification and prioritization
· Monitor, coach, and continuously support value stream transformation initiatives by coaching on Lean principles, tools and methodologies.
· Give guidance, suggestions, and inspiration to Lean Coaches and process owners for optimizing value stream.
2. Building a Lean Production System and Lean Culture:
· Be a leader, mentor and coach towards integration of Lean principles, values, philosophies and tools for driving continuous improvement through coaching and guiding operators over multiple projects
· Work with value stream owners and AOM’s to create a system to ensure everyone is conducting the Lean Principles correctly and consistently
· Mentor a best practice sharing internal network supported by Lean Principles
· A coach and active facilitator in Bronze/Silver Certification projects and mentoring sessions
· Be an active participant in the Lean Silver Certification
· Lead by example and model the desired behaviors and values
· Foster respect for people and humility through mentoring and coaching through the site’s Lean journey
· Encourage risk taking and experimentation using the scientific method
· Maintain proficiency continuously learning align with Plant LSS Manager and Operation Manager
· Align with the local Lean rewards & recognition program
· Align with Finance to bring the impact of projects that are part of Lean efforts into Jabil’s financial processes
3. System Measurement and Feedback
· Surveillance over multiple workcells, collect feedback from Lean Coach and propose improvements to process owners
· Seek and value feedback from the team and provide timely help if needed
· Support the Plant LSS Manager to drive actions which will improve Lean Index Assessment score
4. Ensure Program and Cultural Sustainability
· Develop and mentor multiple workcell leaders to facilitate and lead Kaizen Events
· Support Lean Six Sigma Managers to propose and develop a strategies
· Anticipate and meet/exceed customer expectations by solving problems timely and effectively
· Provide statistical problem solving analysis
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and ethics policies
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent leadership and communication skills
· Track record showing continual improvement of personal skills
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
· Understand and practice the Lean principles, methodologies and tools
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Be expert in lean tools and processes to coordinate and share knowledge on a regional and global scale
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.