At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Leads Plannning and Purchasing functions within a Workcell. Support the Workcell's business development effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the development and implementation of Supply Chain Strategies and systems.
· Ensure that the Planning & Purchasing function support the workcell Operation in meeting customer requirements.
· Manage customer demand.
· Develop and staff the Materials organization within the Workcell to meet the goals and objectives of the department. Staff a 2 - 3 tier management team in order to manage the materials function wholly within the Workcell Materials Department.
· Own a process to continually and systemically review materials management metrics and reports to ensure the Planning & Purchasing functions is focused on the right activities yielding optimal results.
· Communicate objectives, goals, and mission of the Company/ Business Unit to the workcell Planning and Purchasing staff.
· Operate a Jabil materials training and development program that is tied into performance reviews.
· Ensure that Materials systems are developed and implemented to meet the Workcell Operation's quality and environmental requirements.
· Support the development of Jabil Supply Chain strategies and systems. Support interaction with customers and suppliers to obtain feedback and ensure workcell materials department's collaboration with Jabil SCM, other Jabil Operations, suppliers and customers to develop supply chain solution that improves Jabil's performance and service levels.
· Monitor and drive down overall cost of materials including materials cost, freight expenses, administration expenses and cost of materials management. Ensure that MPV is optimized.
· Eliminate Jabil’s materials liability and minimize materials liabilities for customers. Ensure that all MPS are loaded only with a sufficient contractually coverage by customers. Ensure that all materials in stock and on order peg to customer authorized purchases and that purchase orders are placed with terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Buyers.
· Ensure that Workcell Business Unit supply base contributes to success of the Business Unit and that suppliers are selected based on overall cost effectiveness and their ability to meet Jabil's requirements. Monitor, track and provide feedback on suppliers' performance on overall cost, deliver and quality.
· Provide business analysis and process/system development resources to optimize transactions and provide required information to the Business Unit, customers and the department in a timely, readable format to optimize materials management performance.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to
devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree (Supply Chain, Materials Management) preferred. MBA, certification by APICS or NAPM.
· Plus 5 - 7 years experience in Electronics Manufacturing, within Purchasing, Planning and Materials Management functions.
· Experience in managing department responsible for some or all aspects of material control functions.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.