At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Project Industrial Engineer will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Project IE will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Same responsibilities as Senior Industrial Engineer, but focusing on cross-functional projects, plantwide or across different Jabil sites.
· Manages cross functional teams from multiple sites to identify, develop, test and implement world class manufacturing equipment, systems, tools, procedures and processes.
· Ensures that current and future processes and manufacturing systems meet and/or exceed customer and regulatory requirements.
· Reviews and promotes improvement in customer metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Acts as a liaison for Operations and BU between Jabil sites for program transfers including providing input into transfer plans and timelines, supporting data, technology, process and procedural requirements as well as knowledge transfer activities and participating in launch activities as needed.
· Provides support and technical assistance to new facility and/or Workcell startups.
· Provides mentoring and technical assistance to Jabil site Industrial Engineering staff.
· Leads and coordinates the standardization of systems, procedures and practices across all of the Jabil workcells.
· Ensures that current and future quality and manufacturing systems meet and/or exceed customer and regulatory requirement.
Design of optimized human interfaces for SMT and Backend/DF in the following areas:
· Raw material delivery process, storage and line feed systems.
· Product flow and online material handling systems.
· WIP management, sizing and buffer storage systems.
· Ergonomic workstation design and layout.
· Process optimization.
· Layout of the workcell and/or complete Jabil plants.
· 5S housekeeping techniques.
· Develop/Sustain/Improve all assembly processes.
· Time study analysis.
· Own and drive yield improvement programs.
· Box build quote and products.
· Systems support (e.g. SAP, MES, IEDB…)
Should be able to be SME or support other IE’s in one or more of the IE SME categories like:
· Work Measurement
· Systems and Metrics
· Ergonomics / Workstation and line design
· Capacity Sizing
· PFMEA, DFA
· Fixtures and Tools
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, simulation, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, operations research, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability
o Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.