At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Provides technical support to end-users for PC, server, hardware, or software applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Interact with supplier/service provider ensure tasks are completed.
· Monitor asset inventory.
· Verify back up, daily check list, account maintenance.
· Administer tape rotation - back up tapes.
· Serve as the point of technical escalation.
· Perform periodic license audits.
· Create and configure ghost images for site hardware.
· Create and Image MES and SAP RF Scanners.
· Maintain and troubleshoot site PBX.
· Provide on call support.
· Identify and purchase hardware using the CER Process.
· Administer network hardware (enabling and disabling ports).
· Administer file services, Print Services and Terminal Servers.
· Document new processes.
· Provide support to wireless devices. (i.e. - Blackberry).
· Follow all procedures around the ISS security policy.
· Provide end user training & technical assistance.
· Assist Administrators in rotational duties for the following (but not limited to) administration competencies:
o Network Administration (equipment maintenance, backups, daily checklists).
o Systems Administration (account maintenance, backups/restores, server maintenance).
o Business Systems Administration (documentation, process flows, CMRs, troubleshooting).
o Database Administration (daily checklists, backups, troubleshooting).
· Load and verify correct operation of software packages.
· Troubleshoot and resolves end user problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers.
· Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
· Maintain inventory of computer parts and lo of all repairs/service performed.
· Provide training and technical assistance to users.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality).
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.