At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Responsible for managing MRP to ensure that materials supply equals demand and to support optimization of overall cost of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop supply base and Supply Chain strategies that are unique to customer or for Business Unit Strategic materials.
· Support customer’s business needs using standard process where possible and customized solutions where necessary. Collaborate with Purchasing manager and SCM to determine the best approach to meet the customer needs. Influence customer’s supply chain strategies to leverage those of Jabil.
· Communicate Jabil expectations to the suppliers. Conduct supplier audit / visits, certifications, and performance reviews to develop and continuously improve supply base. Obtain feedback from Materials Planners on suppliers’ delivery, quality, and service performance.
· Support, execute, and provide inputs to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
· Quote new and existing materials. Work with Materials Quotation Analyst if applicable. Frequently re-quote and negotiate to capitalize on cost reduction opportunities.
· Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions.
· Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interest of Jabil and its customers. Negotiate liability terms, special stocking arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of standard Jabil terms and conditions.
· Ensure execution of Jabil pricing and terms & conditions agreements such as World Wide Purchasing Agreements that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil.
· Improve sourcing options by working with Jabil’s internal resources and customers to add Jabil preferred and/or strategic suppliers to customer’s Approved Manufacturer’s List (AML).
· Analyze and project component purchase prices that accurately reflect the inventory value for a financial period in Standard Costing process.
· Provide input to determine Quoted Cost to the Customer that is competitive yet maximizes the amount of Materials Price Variance (MPV).
· Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable PPV/MPV. Work with BUM to obtain customers’ authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges incurred on customers’ behalf.
· Collaborate with Materials Planners and monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance for continuous improvement.
· Work with Materials Planners to ensure that suppliers support overall business needs of Jabil.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Work with planner to release purchase order to suppliers according to MRP result, take actions to cancel, delay or expedite purchase order and ensure on time delivery.
依照 MRP 系统运行结果开具订单给供应商并及时执行交期提前、延迟或取消动作以保证物料准时交货。
Work with commodity team to develop supply base and supply chain strategies that are unique to customer or for business unit strategic materials.
Work with commodity team to influence customer’s supply chain strategies to leverage those of Jabil.
Communicate Jabil expectations to the suppliers. Work with commodity team to conduct supplier audit/visits, certifications and performance reviews to develop and continuously improve supply base.
Support, execute and provide inputs to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
Quote new and existing materials. Frequently re-quote and negotiate to capitalize on cost reduction opportunities.
Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service performance, quality and terms & conditions.
Work with commodity team to negotiate liability terms, special stocking arrangements and other agreements that are outside of standard Jabil terms & conditions.
Ensure execution of Jabil pricing and terms & conditions agreements such as World Wide Purchasing Agreement that are negotiated and agreed by Jabil.
Provide input to determine Quoted Cost to the Customer that is competitive yet maximizes the amount of material price variance (MPV).
Continuously optimize MPV by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable PPV/MPV. Work with BUM to obtain customers’ authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges incurred on customers’ behalf.
通过降低物料成本和减少不利的物料价差以优化物料成本 & 利润，对于由客户原因造成的额外费用（包括模具费用、运费、物料加急费等），与商务经理协作获取客户批准并承担相关费用。
Supporting energy saving, sorting waste and reducing waste.
Comply with 25-ES30-GEN-043 Environment, Health &Safety Leadership Standard WI
符合 25-ES30-GEN-043 环境、健康和安全领导标准工作说明
Comply with requirements of ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 standard and related site procedures.
遵守 ISO14001 和 ISO45001 标准和相关现场程序的要求
Must follow RBA(Responsibility Business Alliance Code of Conduct) provision.
必须遵守 RBA( 责任商业联盟行为准则 ) 的规定
2~5 years of procurement related experience
A college diploma in material management, business administration
Strong verbal and written communication in English, analytical and problem solving skills. Strong negotiation skills and ability to work well with teams.
Occasional travel maybe required.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.