At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
MBA Intern – Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS), St. Petersburg, Florida
As an EMS Business Unit Intern at Jabil, you’ll work on one or more strategic projects within our 2 sectors (Enterprise & Retail Technology Solutions or Industrial) and present your findings to members of the Senior Leadership team. Projects cut across areas such as M&A, Operations, Supply Chain, and Technology.
This is a high visibility internship role where you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact while gaining substantive experience in strategy within the Electronic Manufacturing Services industry. The role provides a strong foundation for those interested in future opportunities managing the operational and financial performance of Jabil’s customer accounts. During the internship, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work on an impactful project that aligns with key strategic priorities for the Engineered Solutions Group
- Conduct research and analysis to generate industry insights and recommendations which you will present to the Senior Leadership Team
- Lead and manage projects; meet key milestones and deliverables
- Contribute to the design and implementation of processes related to the business strategy
- Collaborate across functions and geographies to achieve shared objectives
- Develop meaningful mentoring relationships and expand your professional network
- Travel to Jabil sites to gain exposure to the business
- Current enrollment in Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical discipline
- Strong academic performance
- Strong problem-solving skills – demonstrated ability to sift through data to strategize and structure problems to get to the best solutions; operating independently and when no process is in place.
- Complex Project/Program Management – ability to manage complex projects/programs under ambiguity and changing business environment.
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and influencing skills (in a matrix model)
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Entrepreneurial style demonstrated by experience in developing an initiative and/or product from ideation to implementation; able to play a dual role in process and implementation
- Demonstrates strong learning agility by developing themselves in order to quickly understand key concepts
- Interested in pursuing a career in manufacturing and related industries
- Willingness to work in multiple global locations